Old Greenville Tavern – 1929

Written by Dorothy Whipple in 1929 as a high school essay.      

Click on images to enlarge. 

     Today only the back el of the tavern survives.  The front portion was torn down in the 1930s to make way for the widening of Rt. 44.   The tavern was also referred to as the Waterman Tavern.

Return to Top ▲Return to Top ▲