Quaker Meeting House Fire – 1881

     The meeting house was rebuilt and still stands today at 108 Smithfield Road on the Woonsocket-North Smithfield town line.  When the building was erected in 1739, the area was still part of the town of Smithfield. 

Click on article to enlarge. 

Mower County Transcript
May 18, 1881

Return to Top ▲Return to Top ▲