Smithfield Union Bank Counterfeit Money – 1854

Click on image to enlarge.

The Daily Minnesota Pioneer
September 27, 1854

Smithfield Exchange Bank Advertisement – 1845

Click on image to enlarge.

 

Posted in The New York Tribune
August 22, 1845

Rocky Point Poster – 1872

Possibly the only surviving example of this advertising poster. 

Click on image to enlarge.

Smithfield Exchange Bank $1.25 Note

Image courtesy of Katie Law of Smithfield.

Click on Image to enlarge. 

Smith-Appleby Family Genealogy

Click on green link below to view PDF file.

Persons Associated with the Smith-Appleby House ex

An early automobile in front of the barn circa 1915.

An early automobile in front of the Smith-Appleby House barn circa 1915.

Genealogy of the Smith-Appleby Family Line

Click on green link below to view PDF file.

Genealogy of Smith-Appleby line ex

This posed photograph dating to about 1910 shows Maria Appleby with her father in the forefront surrounded by people presumed to be relatives.

This posed photograph dating to about 1910 shows Maria Appleby with her father in the forefront surrounded by people presumed to be relatives.

Smithfield Bridewells – 1913

Smithfield Bridewells, aka Jails – 1913

     The following images were taken from Smithfield Town Council records dated April 3, 1913 concerning the location and maintenance of Smithfield’s “bridewells”, also known as jails, and the duties of Smithfield police officers.  

Click on images to enlarge. 

Smithfield Police Ordinance – 1937

     An town ordinance relating to the Smithfield Police Department was passed on May 28, 1937 establishing the structure, pay, appointments, and duties of police officers.  It is copied here from Council Record Book #9, pages 18 – 23.   

To view PDF file of 1937 ordinance, click on link below.

Staples Scan 11-19-2019_10-09-33-016

     Below is a copy of the Smithfield Police Ordinance adopted April 3, 1913.  It was repealed with the passage of the 1937 ordinance.

Click on images to enlarge.

 

1784 Deed – Jacob Arnold to William Arnold

1784 Deed between Jacob Arnold and William Arnold

     Donated to the Historical Society of Smithfield by Mr. Robert G. Huckins of Bonsall, California, September, 2019.  The document measures 12 inches by 15.5 inches.   It was therefore scanned in two parts. 

     On the reverse side reads, “The written deed was received for record on 22nd of June 1784 and is recorded in Smithfield registry of deeds book 7, page 451” 

     Names on the document include: George Comstock, Susanna Comstock, Susanna Arnold, and signed at the bottom by Peleg Arnold – Justice of the Peace 

Click on images to enlarge.

 

 

East Smithfield Water District Rules & Regulations – 1937

Click on images to enlarge.

Return to Top ▲Return to Top ▲